Saturday 28 July 2012

Cleansing With Fruit & Veggies

I was feeling rather toxic. Irritable, anxious and tired. I realized that although I'm healthy and fit, something was wrong. I was feeling conviction about how I had been fueling this amazing body that God has blessed me with. "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple." 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
I decided that for the next week, I was only going to consume what God himself created for us. I started juicing fresh organic fruits and vegetables. That way my body was able to absorb the enzyme rich nutrients immediately. I ate avocados every day. I drank green tea instead of my regular coffee with coffee-mate (that stuff is a slow poison!) I ate raw cashews, gogi berries, fresh fruit and vegetables. For 7 days, I never felt deprived. I was never hungry. I believe that because my body was receiving all the nutrients it required, I had freedom from cravings. I felt more connected to God and His love. I will continue to eat this way. My skin improved, the dark circles under my eyes disappeared, my mind felt clear, I was no longer anxious, I slept great and had tons of energy. I was still irritable but what else is new lol. I blamed it on the toxins leaving my body! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment